A Cracked Pot

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Welcome February

I can't say as I am sorry to see January go. It was a really weird month as far as weather goes around here. Wonder what that creature will predict tomorrow as far as 6 more weeks of winter or not....like it's ever true anyhow....

I am kind of a quiet, shy person in real life. But I sure didn't play out that scenario in an email to someone today. I'm afraid I may have offended them by something I said. And that makes me sad. I was trying to explain one of my beliefs, probably a rather trivial one, but it turns out that person doesn't believe that. Which brings up an interesting concept: Are we all held to the exact same standard? Of course if you take a peak at all the denominations and what all their rules are, we'd say no. But you can't look to denominations for answers. The only authority is God.

God, who created us, and understands each one of us far better than we do ourselves. Does He expect us all to adhere to exactly the same thing? I mean I know He does for the basics, but what about the nitty-gritty little things in life? What if He gives someone a beautiful singing talent. But they don't use it for the Lord. Is that a sin? Kinda reminds me of the parable of the talents where the one person buried his talent. Yes, I know that's money. But a lot of us bury our talents or gifts that God gives us.

And maybe that's what faith is all about. Reaching out to God to meet the inadequacies in our lives because He's asked us to do something that we feel like we can't do.


But I still don't understand how my friends can believe one thing, OK, take like playing the piano. There are denominations who believe that when Jesus said sing your praise, He meant literally to only use our voice. Pianos, guitars, drums, all that is bad. Will that keep them out of heaven because I think we should use instruments to praise God? Will it keep me out of heaven because they believe instruments to be evil?

I shouldn't be looking around at other people. I should be praying and asking God to work in my life, and then obeying what He asks me to do. Shoulds get me in trouble sometimes.

Before I get out in waters where I can't swim back from, I'm quitting!

Posted by acp :: 4:13 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —