A Cracked Pot

Friday, February 03, 2006

Chase Wrath

A gentle answer turns away wrath."

Remember that verse? Is that the first thing that pops into your mind when you become upset? Or when someone else becomes mad at you? Isn't the first thing we do is raise our volume to match theirs?

I had to make a phone call today, something I'm not particularly fond of anyhow, and always puts me in a poor frame of mind. This one had made me mad beforehand, so I probably wasn't at my Christian best when the gal answered the phone.

However, she had such a soft-spoken, gentle voice, I immediately toned my voice down to match hers. And the conversation went well, we even laughed & joked a couple of times during our conversation.

Yup--'tis true. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

I don't know about you, but I'll take soft answers and sugar any day over the acid of sarcasm or anger. Think about THAT next time you get upset.

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, but the mouth of fools spouts folly."    ~Proverbs 15:1-2 NAS

Posted by acp :: 4:02 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —