A Cracked Pot

Saturday, February 25, 2006

humans are odd

I'm not real gung ho on the normal necessities of keeping a house running. You know, all those mundane things like dish washing, laundry, vacuuming. I don't even like cooking that much. I mean I figure if it takes over 10 minutes to prepare (not including cooking time), then forget it. I'm not spending the time fussing over food if it takes longer than it does to eat it.

Once in a blue moon I just sit in the corner (yes, it's dirty & cob-webby!) and dream of having a maid or a butler that would come in while I'm asleep, not make any noise, and leave the house sparkling, spic 'n span clean. Wouldn't that be wonderful? *delicious long sigh*

Then I read about the Hollywood rich elite who feel so out of it because they never get to do anything normal...COME ON, people! You don't know how good you have it.

So I begin to wonder, who exactly is it that has it so good? Them that can't appear in public or go grocery shopping without people flocking to them and cameras flashing in their faces? Would I really trade my little normal existance for that? No, I don't think so.

What an odd lot us humans are -- always wanting what the other person has. Now THERE's where the scientists should be focusing, eliminating that "grass is greener.." gene. Think of all the differences, fights, wars, divorces that could be eliminated if everyone was happy with what they had......

Moral of this muse? Count your blessings. The Psalmist says, "Seven times a day will I praise Thee because of Thy Rightous Judgements." Take the time right now & think of SEVEN things you're thankful for. Who knows, it might even become a habit!

Posted by acp :: 1:42 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —