![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Sunday, April 09, 2006Why We Blog IIJust read a post over at Think Pink. She says she was given cancer for her 23rd birthday...and has a different perspective on life than most people her age. And a darn good perspective on God and herself. She just came back from a Youth Retreat, and is really full of God and on fire for Him. I like to associate with people like that (even if they don't now I'm associating with them!!). You know why? Because it lifts me up. It makes my day feel better, and me feel better too. And I think that's the way God designed us. We like to think we're independent, can do things all by ourselves, we don't need help from anyone, but the fact is, it ain't the way He's created us. Would Jesus blog if he was in the world today? I've seen that question on blogs, would Paul blog, Matthew..Mark? YES! Yes, I believe Jesus & the diciples would blog. It just so happened when Jesus was on earth, the main form of communication was face to face, or facing a crowd. There were no telegrams or mail system or phones, no computers. They carried scrolls from place to place but remember they didn't even have a Bible to carry around. It was many hundreds of years later before the common person had the Word in their homes. Here's what I think. Jesus IS already blogging, thru the fingers & keyboards of the many, many hundreds and probably thousands of Christian women (and men) who are honest enough to put down on their computer screen all they are struggling with and what they have learned about God thru their life experience, and then publish it on the Internet for the whole world to see. And isn't that concept almost exactly what the early disciples were doing? It's just a modern day format. |