![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Friday, March 31, 2006A Windy DayLines Composed in a Wood on a Windy Day My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze; For above and around me the wild wind is roaring, Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas. The long withered grass in the sunshine is glancing, The bare trees are tossing their branches on high; The dead leaves, beneath them, are merrily dancing, The white clouds are scudding across the blue sky. I wish I could see how the ocean is lashing The foam of its billows to whirlwinds of spray; I wish I could see how its proud waves are dashing, And hear the wild roar of their thunder to-day! ~Anne Bronté We have a tornado watch out today. And mostly likely thunderstorms later this afternoon and evening. But for now the sun is shining, it is warm, warmer than it's been yet this spring. A balmy 67 degrees. And the wind is roaring. It tears at everything. I sat out in my yard around noon, and just watched everything getting tossed hither and yon. The tree brances were not just swaying, they were dashing to & fro. I particularly enjoy being near the pine trees in my back yard and listening to them sing with the wind. It is peaceful to me. Which begs the question....is March going out like a lion, or a lamb? I suppose most would say with a tornado watch, and thunderstorms on their way, it is going out like a lion. It only makes sense. After all it did arrive as a lamb. But in my heart, it feels quite docile and tranquil, in spite of the high winds. I enjoy this kind of weather! And as Anne Bronté talks about wishing she could see the ocean lashing and hear its thunderous roar, I would give anything to see how Lake Michigan is doing, oh say, around Grand Haven, the waves splashing up against lighthouse and pier. This is what it looked like when the wind wasn't blowing quite as hard. ![]() |