![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Wednesday, March 29, 2006No Sun Here![]() Well, yesterday I was excited because the weatherman predicted a high of 59 and mostly sunny. The sun peeked into my back yard at sun-up this morning...and I never saw it again the whole rest of the day. Mostly sunny indeed! It wasn't even mostly cloudy. It was ENTIRELY cloudy, from one horizon to the other horizon, north to south....east to west...ALL DAY LONG. Humbug, I say. Bah humbug. I understand east of my county it was sunny all day long. Evidently the clouds gathered over my town, and there they sat ALL day long. Excuse my rant. But you gotta understand us Michiganders get quite excited over these things because here in Michigan we get very little sun over the winter months. We are all sun deprived, and we get a little crazy when we hear the sun is coming. It's related to having Great Lakes on all sides of us. The moisture, the warmer air coming over the cooler lakes, and vice versa in the fall--cooler air flowing over the warm lakes. All these conditions create clouds....Lots of clouds. Their prediction for tomorrow is partly sunny. Now to me that means less sun than mostly sunny, but I'm beginning to question the meteorologists around here. They speak a different language than me. I shall just wait & see if it's worth getting all excited about. |