![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Tuesday, May 02, 2006Fourth baby todayOK, fledgling #4 appeared today. I took the oppotunity to peer in the nest when my presence in the yard startled Mrs. Robin this morning. And I was pleased to count 4 little tufted heads. No eyes open yet. But they're starting to move around, flop their skinny naked wings, and look pretty doggone healthy, if you ask me....someone who knows NOTHING about birds! Mrs. Robin doesn't even chatter much at me now. I touch nothing around the nest, and I only stay long enough at the corner of the shed to peek in the nest for a few seconds. Oddly enough she doesn't mind the dogs playing under or near the shed. They run, and chase balls, and make quite a ruckus near the shed because it is shady there, and the puppy prefers to be in the shade. She's very black. But let me come within about 20 ft of the shed, and Mrs. Robin flies away to a tree to watch me! I can see where the dogs playing there could become a problem when the little ones start to fly and end up in the yard. I will have to watch them closely to make sure they don't grab one. Otherwise Mrs. Robin may give them a peck on the head!! |