A Cracked Pot

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I'm crying...

O my goodness, I'm crying Uncle. This is just too much. I left my computer room around lunchtime, and the temps were high 80s. I keep a thermometer about head height (when I'm sitting down) to remind me I shouldn't stay in here when it gets above 80. I had something to finish tho, so I ignored it.

I was hoping it wouldn't get much hotter than that since I had put a bigger fan in the window, and put another at the top of the stairway to pull up some cooler air from downstairs.

Well, I was wrong. So very wrong. The extra air flowing thru here does make it feel a little cooler. So I sat down to check email. While I'm here I thought I would nibble on my marvelous Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips....ACCCCKKK! They are soup. TOTALLY soup. I wiped my finger across one in the little baggie I keep them in--I couldn't bring up the whole 6 lb package, now could I? Wouldn't want to drain the thing the first couple of days..don't laugh!

I licked it off my finger, contemplating this turn of events. Hmmm, didn't I read somewhere that most chocolate melts at body temperature. Yes, I do believe I did read that.

So I look at my thermometer & about fall out of my choir. GOOD GRIEF. It is registering just below 100 in my poor humble computer room. I can hardly believe it. Impossible. How can this be?

At any rate, I zipped the little baggie back shut. I will not move it. It will become a dreadful mess, and I don't really want to try to lick out the inside of a plastic sandwich baggie. I just hope it cools down enough up here by tonight that I can either eat the poor little things, or I can move it to the fridge where it can solidy back into it's original form.

There is something very wrong about temperatures like this. It's inhumane, to say nothing about cruel to chocolate. I want last week-ends temperatures back where it got down to 40 at night....please, oh please....

Posted by acp :: 6:08 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —