![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Friday, June 09, 2006Toilet Paper & ChocolateI am one unhappy camper. See, I thought I was happy & indulging myself in one of my favorite eats: CHOCOLATE! ![]() My latest addiction is melted Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate Chips. Yup, got my recipe down pat now: enough chocoate chips to cover the bottom of a bowl, adding a dab of butter, and heating in the microwave 45 seconds, stir, then another 25-35 seconds = perfection! Then I get out my pint of Godiva Belgium Dark Chocolate ice cream and drizzle a little of my melted Ghirardelli bittersweet sauce over the ice cream--just enough for one spoonful--then repeat....absolute DECADENCE....yummy.I had eaten, oh maybe a quarter of the pint, and decided that was quite enough of this triple chocolate concoction. That's the wonderful thing about dark or bittersweet chocolate. You don't want to eat very much of it. So I licked out my bowl (yes, I did. Mustn't waste any of that wonderful chocolate flavor) and put the ice cream back in the freezer. I washed my hands, and proceded back to my computer where I grabbed the keyboard to download some pictures....OMG. What is that on my F6 key? OH NO. It's between the F & G keys as well...and there it is on my #7 key too. *sigh* Even tho the stuff hardens on quickly on ice cream, in the heat of the day here, it is quite soft. Now what to do? I considered licking it off, but believe me, my keyboard is not an eating surface! Whether it was the heat or the lack of sleep, the next most brilliant idea that popped into my head was to stick the keyboard in the freezer. It's wireless, so that isn't a problem. But there was one other thing to consider. The freezer is full. Very full. All those meat bargains I've been collecting. So I'm carrying my keyboard around the house, wondering how I can get these chocolate globs off my keyboard without pushing them down into the far reaching crevices where it will probably make the keyboard, or at least those keys, quite working. Well, cool seemed to be the way to go. So I set it in the refrigerator. Isn't it amazing when you want to do something on the computer, there is nothing else in the house that needs to be done? I putzed around in the bathroom, rearranging things in the cupboard. I took the dogs outside. They came back in, and I got out treats for them. Someone around here should be rewarded for good behavior! I wasn't sure how long it would take melted chocolate to solidify in the fridge, so I checked the keyboard. Nope, not even close to hardening. Well now. What to do. I ended up using toilet paper & a tooth pick to carefully sop up all the chocolate. It is now nearly 45 minutes later, and I still don't have my pictures downloaded. I am miffed and out of sorts. ![]() What kind of person would eat melted chocolate over their keyboard anyhow? And even if they did, if they're a true chocolate connoisseur, wouldn't they notice if they lost some chocolate on the way to their mouths??? Moral of story: Eat melted chocolate on your ice cream away from your computer, or at least away from your keyboard. OR Pay attention to the Proverb for today: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. ~Proverbs 4:7 With all my getting, had I used a little wisdom or understanding, maybe I wouldn't have had to spend nearly an hour cleaning chocolate out of my keyboard. Now. I am going back to my picture downloading. |