![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Thursday, June 08, 2006Now it's GrassYes, indeed, grass that is driving me nuts. Does anyone else have those little patches in their yards where the cut grass collects, and decays, and then makes it nearly impossible for grass seed to grow? Now mind you, I'm not a lawn freak. I don't even call our grass a lawn. I could care less whether it grows, let alone is green, and I don't use weed and feed to get rid of the weeds (they add character & a different shade green to the yard). But what's bugging me is the grass growing in our driveway. I guess because of all the rain we've gotten this spring, and maybe the grass around the driveway not being mowed for days on end, it's washed a lot of the grass seed into the driveway. I spent nearly an hour this morning pulling up grass & other weeds. I don't mind weeding. I'm not complaining. I don't use chemicals on my yard anywhere. So no, I won't go out & buy one of those bottles to spray on everything & kill it. For one thing, it's not good for the dogs. I don't care what they put on the label. Secondly, it's not good for me to breath. My throat swells up & then I get sick. Crap, I wish I could ban Chemlawn from the neighborhood. When they come around, I have to stay inside all day, or go away. I even have to be careful in the spring with the farmers' fields. If they're spraying, I have to hold my breath to drive by because even if the windows are shut, I still have a problem. But I digress! I did start out talking about grass, didn't I? *lol* Anyhow, I got to thinking about how the grass is growing where I don't want it to grow, and isn't growing where it would nice if it grew. Doesn't that pretty much sum up life? Things happen that we don't want to happen, and sometimes what we want to happen, don't happen. Aren't you glad God is still in control of everything? |