A Cracked Pot

Friday, June 23, 2006

My Jeans Shrunk!

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, as much frozen custard as I've been pouring in my body. I am approaching the point where I either have to buy new jeans, or quit eating custard.

I can't conceive of doing either one. I mean the jeans I own, I found online, out of state, and that's all there is. The company changed the design and these aren't available any more. Until I find a similar pair elsewhere, I'm stuck with these.

And I love my custard, I truly, truly do! It's so smooth & creamy & delicious....and rich! Especially the chocolate (I'll bet you didn't know the chocolate has less butterfat than the vanilla!). I love how it feels in my mouth. I love how it melts on my tongue. The flavor is out of this world!!

So--what to do?

I've decided the best thing to do is go on a diet. Me, who's never been on a diet her entire life. I always said I'd rather die than restrict my food intake. Only I'm not calling it a diet. Otherwise I'll probably fail at it.

It'll be a temporary lifestyle change. I'm not keeping track of calories. I'm not weighing myself or calculating how much to lose how fast. Nope. And I certainly ain't giving up my custard!

What I am going to do is exercise more, walk, ride my bike, that sort of thing. Nothing drastic in that department, after all, I am no spring chicken and I ain't risking injury to drop a few pounds.

The first thing I'm trying in the "let's eat less food" area is the Special K Challenge. I will try the 2 bowls of cereal a day, and eat a normal meal for the third meal. For me and my lifestyle, this probably means a bowl of cereal in the morning, my regular meal at noon, and a bowl of cereal in the evening.

Helps that Special K was on sale this week at Meijer too!!

So last Monday as soon as I finished my bowl of Special K, I jumped on my bicycle and headed out. It was invigorating riding down my street. So glad I choose to go downhill and not uphill! I can jump on a bike path not too far away, and ride by the river. Wasn't sure I could make it that far, but once I was by the river, I was fine because of all there is to look at and see.

I forgot how calming peddling along the water can be. Of course there's lots of ducks, interspersed with a few Canadian geese. And the seagulls sqauwking overhead.

Didn't go too far, didn't want to get so far away that I had trouble getting back with my legs that aren't used to peddling, especially considering it's uphill back to my house. The first road I crossed, I diverted off the path, and headed back home.

Mission accomplished!

Posted by acp :: 9:31 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —