![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Monday, June 19, 2006am I old![]() Am I old, I wondered, when I saw this in my mailbox. It's a very nice thought, but in this day & age, it's quaint. Does anyone truly believe it? I mean if you get a wrinkle, you get Botox. If you get lines, you get a face lift. Some women are obcessed with wearing clothes that make them look younger, running with a younger crowd, marrying a younger man...on and on the list goes. What happened to aging gracefully and being happy with what God gave us? I happen to be one of those odd women who has never dyed her hair. Yes, I have some gray hair. But you know what? It's an honor badge of all I've been through, what I have learned, where I hope to go. Doesn't the Bible even mention somewhere that gray hair is like a crown? Hmm, I shall have to look that up. So to answer my original question, which millions before me have probably asked with much wiser answers. NO! I am not old. I may be viewed as old by some, especially those much younger than I in years. But I am not, and never will be, old. I will always be useful to someone. I will always be loved by someone. And it really doesn't matter that much what I look like on the outside. God's working on the inside, thank you very much, and if you can't see that, then poorer you are for missing it. |