A Cracked Pot

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

God of my Life


My little daily devotional calendar really spoke to me today so I thought I would include it in my blog:

"God is the source of life, but if He is to be God of our lives, we must submit to Him. May God rule over every minute of this day and be pleased with all we do."

The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me--
A prayer to the God of my life.
~Psalm 42:8

I forgot to turn off cmradio.net before I went to bed last night. By the time I realized it, I was too melted into the mattress to get up & turn it off. It was kind of nice having His songs sing me to sleep. And as I woke up in the night to turn over (does anyone really do this totally fast asleep?), phrases and notes permeated my brain, and helped me sleep better.

What the short devotional said about submitting is becoming an ancient concept in this century. I'm not exactly sure when it started, but it's gradually creeping into every aspect of our society. There are those who take it out of the wedding vows. If you don't submit to your spouse, how can you love? The wedding relationship is based on our relationship with God. He is the husband, we are his Bride. He loves us, we love Him, we submit.

I am sure there are plenty of others in this world who can explain with flowery words and a eloquent sermon, but my prayer is that I pay more attention to God on a moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day basis.

Posted by acp :: 7:23 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —