![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Monday, June 26, 2006justiceThere has been some emotional upheaval in my life--well, not directly involving me, but with those I love. It has been an intense problem, one that has kept me awake some nights. And on one occasion given me a nightmare. Things are calming down some, mostly because the people involved have taken steps to separate themselves from the friction causing person, but I am still affected by it even these many weeks later. In sharing some of the things that happened, I had one friend tell me, "What goes around, comes around." I'm not sure I've actually seen that happen. At least if it has, I've never heard about it. Not that I'd wish anything bad on anyone, regardless of how they treat other people. It's just not in my nature....altho sometimes I'd like to wring some necks! Anyhow I flipped over my devotional calendar today--I got a day behind and what is it about? Habitation of Justice. Again I must copy it in here because it is so very pertinent to my life right now. God is our place of justice. In a world full of injustices, we can become convinced that evil will overcome good. But we can rest that, in the end, God's justice will triumph. The wicked will not get away with evil. How could I forget this? God's promises are true, they always have been, they always are, and they always will be. It is not up to me to figure out what will happen, how those persons will be punished or even why it happened. God is still in control and that's a very good feeling. By the way, this devotional calendar is a flip-over, daily calendar, no days of the week, and no year. It is something that attracted me, gosh, about 12 years ago because of the artwork in it. I thought I would be inspired by the artwork. Now it is the words that are getting me! And I find it delightful that every year I go thru it, it is always pertinent to my life! OK, now I'm going out on my bike ride before the rain gets here. It's a beautiful Monday morning, and I aim to enjoy it as much as I can. |