![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Monday, July 03, 2006Got Through ItAnother medical appointment behind me. Compared to the ultrasound I had a few weeks ago, where I was required to drink most of Lake Michigan an hour before I arrived and then hold it while they pressed on my holding tank, this one was a piece of cake! The ultrasound technician was a real sweetheart, keeping the conversation light and entertaining while she did her job. Turns out she goes to the same doctor as me. And part of what she said explained how I ended up outside the system. See, last time they sent me thru the system--I went to the x-ray clinic inside the hospital system. This time, however, I ended up at an outside independent diagnostic center. She says my doctor really likes her reports, and sometimes orders them from the independent clinic because they are more detailed. Good for her. I hope good for me as well, since they'll be able to see more. Now I play the waiting game. Which isn't as big a deal as last time either. I already know what is wrong, and I already know what the doctor will say. So there shouldn't be any surprises. Since the appointment was so early, I was able to stop & have some breakfast at one of my favorite breakfast spots: Tim Hortons. If anyone is reading this from Canada, you already know what I'm talking about. If not, trust me when I say they produce some of the best donuts and other baked goods on the planet. And I hear their coffee is out of this world as well. I don't drink coffee, so can't verify that. But I have yet to find anyone who complains about it.![]() LOVE those timbits! There aren't a lot of Tim Hortons yet in the United States. Mostly only in the border states here in the East. I got hooked on those things in the late 70s/early 80s when we were vacationing in Canada. Any yellow sign in the distance would set my salavary glands into overdrive, and if it turned out to be a Tim Hortons, well, we stopped to buy a box of timbits. For the uneducated palate, timbits are simply donut holes. According to their website, they were introduced to the chain in 1976. So I guess that means I've been eating timbits practically since they introduced them. They come in a variety of flavors, and just when you think you've tried them all, you visit another Tim Hortons which has another flavor. You'll never find the same ones at different stores. So I had an everything bagel, toasted with butter (would have preferred cream cheese, but hey, a girl has to look like she's sticking to her diet! *lol*) and one strawberry timbit. Would have preferred the raspberry ones, but this particular Tim Hortons evidently sells more strawberry than reaspberry. Still very good. Then I went shopping at Sams Club and arrived home while it was still morning. Good thing too, because the temperatures were starting to rise and it was getting really muggy. I was glad to get into the somewhat cooler house. I hope this is the end of medical testing for the next couple of years. I'm still waiting for results of some blood tests. Don't expect those to show much different than they have in year's past either. Now maybe I can go back to avoiding the doctor! |