A Cracked Pot

Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's a Deal!



Is this a good deal or what?!!

I generally go shopping at Meijer late Sunday afternoon, because a lot of their meat expires on Sunday or Monday, and mid to late-afternoon, they start marking it down. I was mildly concerned because I was really late in arriving....like practically dark. Figured everything would be gone.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this great deal. I picked it up to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me! They were not. And I checked to see what the overall condition of the meat was. Sometimes I won't buy it, no matter how good a deal it is because it just doesn't look good. This looked pretty good. And for two people, it will make quite a few meals. YES!

On down the meat case I traveled. Every 5-6 weeks they have boneless flavored chicken marked down that I really enjoy. But I'll never pay full price for it because it's so doggone expensive. With gas pricing skyrocketing, the budget has to give someplace else, and the grocery doesn't sqawk like some of our other creditors. There they are, sitting there waiting for me to bring them home. These were only 40% off, not the unbelievable deal I got on the beef roast but still, it beats hamburger or hot dogs!

Posted by acp :: 11:27 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —