A Cracked Pot

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Windy Devotional

I'm a little behind on the devotional calendar I keep on top of my computer. I just flipped it over, and here's what it says for earlier in the week:

Hiding Place from the Wind
In this stormy month, sometimes it seems that there is no escape from high winds. But in the storms of helplessness that sweep over our lives, we can always depend on our safe, calm Hiding Place from the Wind.

"A man will be as a hiding place from the wind,
And a cover from the tempest,
As rivers of water in a dry place,
As the shadow of a great rock in a weary land."
Isaiah 32:2


How pertinent is that to all the high wind warnings and other weird weather we had earlier in the the week????

Now that old hymn, "Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a weary land, a weary land, Oh Jesus is a rock in a weary land. A shelter in the time of storm." is running over and over in my head. And I don't think that is a bad thing at all.

The Lord's my rock, in Him I hide.
A shelter in the time of storm.
la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
A shelter in the time of storm.

OK, I've exhausted my hunt on the web for the rest of the words to this hymn. Is it that obscure? Anyone out there know the words? We sang it all the time when I was growing up.

I know not where my hymnbook is....

Posted by acp :: 11:14 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

— - — - — - — - / † \ - — - — - — - —