![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Thursday, July 20, 2006I do existI feel like those M&M commercials where the two M&Ms come in with treats for Santa, and see Santa, and the one, I believe Yellow, faints over (as does Santa!). I'm the fainted one, you see! The heat and me, do NOT get along. I've been trying to survive in this heat, not doing things in the daytime, and trying to do my shopping & stuff at night in the cool of the evening, but some evenings (and nights) haven't even been cool. Then out of the clear blue sky...literally...our electricity went off--No storms, no thunder, no lightning, not even a cloud in the sky. It was a simple fix. The breaker into the neighborhood blew. But of course when I called, they do not think I know what I am talking about. Seven hours later, we are still sitting here waiting, me not very patiently at all. So we call again. "Oh," the perkey voice says, "That was fixed an hour ago!" DH had a few chosen words with them, and finally two hours later (well after midnight) a utility truck comes out, drives down our street shining his spotlight up in the air at the wires and then gets to the corner & turns his turn signal on. There was NO WAY I was letting him out of the neighborhood so out the door I flew in my pajamas (all decency & decent thoughts flew out the window) & chased him down, then stood under the pole where the problem was to point it out to him. GEEZE OH PETE. He's supposed to be the expert. Why do I have to point out the circuit breaker that blew into the neighborhood? I loved the first question of the girl who took my message, "Are you sure it isn't a telephone pole?" Just call me fed up with summer.... |