![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Tuesday, July 04, 2006It's the HolidayAfter 3 days of feeling like it's a holiday, the holiday is finally here. People who work outside the home really appreciate the 3 day week-ends. A lot of my friends had 4 day week-ends this time around. It was really nice for them. And the weather here in Michigan was mostly cooperative. We had a few rain showers, and even fewer thunderstorms, so for those who went away, the weather was about as good as it gets here. I kinda wanted to ride my bike today. Unfortunately I woke up late, cranky, out-of-sorts, and stiff and sore. Besides by the time I got around, the sun was really beating down, and the temperatures were approaching 80 degrees. Great for heat loving people....not so great for me, who feels quite sick in temperatures above 80. Adding exercise to the mix would NOT have been a good idea. Perhaps tomorrow morning. Instead I spent time outside in the yard with the dogs, and puttering around in my garden. Put two pails of water on each tomato plant, and went over by the flowers. WOW! My first morning glory. I love these things--how they climb and wind their way around my fence. Plus they remind me of childhood and my Mom, who grew them outside our bathroom window every year. These poor things are in the shade in the early am. So they are a little confused about when to open, and when to wilt. I think perhaps this one might have bloomed yesterday considering how wilted it was looking before noon. Can't believe I might have missed it yesterday. Tomorrow morning I will make that one of my first stops. Then I came back in the house and didn't accomplish much of anything the rest of the day. The only way I can explain how I felt is describing it as moving in slow motion. With my brain in even slower motion!! I even took a nap. Didn't help. It doesn't feel like a Tuesday--It feels more like a Saturday. Now tomorrow will feel like Monday when it's really Wednesday, and so on the rest of the week. I probably won't be back in sync until next Monday! |