![]() | A Cracked Pot | ||
Tuesday, May 30, 2006who am II don't like my online persona, or at least how it's portrayed here. I look forlorn, depressed, and downcast...sometimes sarcastic when in real life I think I'm pretty upbeat & positive. Or at least in my interaction with other humans face-to-face, that's how I try to come across. I really do not like people feeling sorry for me, so I work very hard at appearing normal, even when I am hurting or having problems with my chronic illness. I guess the heat around here lately hasn't helped either. Can anyone explain to me why most older women have trouble enduring temperatures above 80-85? (and it's been over 90...NINETY, three days in a row, whoever heard of that in May in Michigan) What on earth does that have to do with our hormones, or lack thereof? I mentioned this to my doctor a couple of years ago, that I virtually felt like I couldn't breath during the warmer temperatures. She said it's hormonal. It's like my sweat glands quit working, and someone put Saran Wrap all over my body. It's not a feeling that my lungs aren't working, it's like being in skin that doesn't ventilate. I get hotter and hotter until I feel like I'm going to implode, burn up, or explode. It is not a good feeling, no, not at all--not one cell in my body is happy during this time. And don't tell me these are hot flashes. These are directly related to being in the sun or being outside in warmer temperatures. I always thought my Great Aunts to be strange when I was a child because they avoided being in the sun like the plague. Now I have grown into that same behavior. Isn't life strange.... |